Thursday, September 2, 2010

Wine tasting Chateau de Cremat




Went wine tasting above Nice today at Chateau de Cremat (bottom picture). The chateau was built over a century ago on top of the ruins of a Roman garrison (and we think we've got old stuff!). The winery has 11 hectares of grapes; they produce red, rose and white wine--about 40,000 bottles a year. For you oenophiles among us (Mike Joyce and Ray Medeiros, please stand!), the red wine is a blend of "Folle Noire" (crazy black--a local variety) and Grenache. The white is a blend of Rolle and Chardonnay; the rose made with Braquet, Grenache and Cinsault. Excellent wine; beautiful setting! So Melissa, perhaps you can talk your folks into changing your wedding venue to a destination wedding in Nice at this Chateau! From what I understand, this chateau is one of the popular "French Riviera" wedding destinations--if you have many more bucks, you can rent the Ephrussi Villa owned by the Rothschild's in St. Jean Cap Ferrat. (see top picture). Now if I can just remember where I parked my yacht.....

1 comment:

  1. Kinda looks like my backyard. Oh by the way, I'll take a case of wine, just ship it to Huron.

    ReplyDelete